Thursday, November 5, 2009

11-5-09 Snuggie


I always see commercials for the snuggie on TV and I am so annoyed by it. I think it is a really creative and smart invention because now they even have them for dogs. I wanted to find out more information so I looked on Google. The inventor of the Snuggie was Gary Clegg and he is 29 years old. The Snuggie started in 2008 and it became popular in the late 2008 and early 2009. At first many people made parody videos on YouTube and made a big joke about it. Also the product became famous after many commercials were advertised on TV and also on Jay Leno, Ellen DeGeneres, Bill Maher and Jon Stewart mocked the commercial during their show. They have sold more Snuggies than expected. There have been more than 4 million Snuggies sold which includes the original Snuggie, Snuggie for Dogs, Snugglette for children and Collegiate Snuggie. I will never buy a Snuggie because I do not think the fabric is that thick enough that it would keep me warm enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment