Thursday, November 5, 2009

11-5-09 KFC Paper Bucket


I have always thought the design of the KFC chicken bucket was interesting because it has looked the same ever since I was born which has been 20 years. I started searching on Google to find out more information about the KFC chicken bucket and found out some interesting things. KFC was founded in 1930 in North Corbin, Kentucky. The founder was Harland Sanders and the franchise started in 1952 in South Salt Lake, Utah. The abbreviated name “KFC” was formed in 1991. The KFC paper buckets were originally created by Dave Thomas (Wendy’s). He was a franchisee of the original Kentucky Fried Chicken and worked several outlets in Columbus, Ohio. Thomas believed that the paper bucket made the chicken stay crispy because the paper bucket helped to wick away excessive moisture. Also Dave Thomas was the creator of the “famous rotating KFC bucket signs” that KFC restaurants in the U.S. had outside their restaurant. I think it is really awesome that Dave Thomas created the paper buckets and did not know that he did that. I think it is interesting that the design of the bucket is very simple, but I feel like it’s a trademark that when a person see’s the KFC paper bucket they know what it is. After looking up the information and looking at the pictures on google this made me very hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment