Wednesday, November 18, 2009

11-18-09 Peanut Butter Twix


I was at Walgreens the other day walking through the candy section and saw the Peanut butter Twix bar. I found that the packaging of the candy bar caught my eye and also because I love peanut butter. I found that the original Twix bar is made my Mars, Inc. and is a chocolate bar that is a cookie, caramel and coated with milk chocolate. The Twix candy bar is normally packed with two bars in the package. The very first Twix was made in the United Kingdom in 1967 and was not until 1979 that the Twix was introduced to the United States. The Twix is now being made in Cleveland, Tennessee. I was surprised to find out that the Peanut Butter Twix is not all that new. It was first introduced in 1983 through 1997 and then 2000 until now. Instead of the caramel being in the candy bar; the peanut butter takes its place. The Twix was first in a yellow wrapper and currently it is with a red wrapper with PB on it. There is a big list of products of different Twix, too many to list. I think the packaging of this product is very eye catching because it is cool that the company can just put PB at the end of Twix and I knew right away that it meant peanut butter. I think it is very creative and I still haven’t tried the Peanut Butter Twix, but I plan to try it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment